Tour plan of a luxury train in India
Luxury trains are the crown jewels of Indian Railways. The luxury trains offer the perfect opportunity to travel the country in 5-star comfort. The luxury trains in India are characterized by opulent interiors, magnificent passenger cabins, gourmet dining, spa services, bar, gym, personal attendants and many other kinds of material comfort fit for the royalty.
There are many famous India luxury train tours. The tour plan of Palace on Wheels luxury train has been described here
Tour plan of Palace on Wheels
Palace on Wheels is an iconic luxury train in India. It is the pioneer of luxury train tours in India. The 14 deluxe saloons, two dining cars and historical coaches resemble the royal carriages of Indian Maharajas and Viceroys. The train is decorated in authentic Rajasthani style. The tour plan is as follows.
- The train departs from Delhi at 6:30 pm. The guests are given a royal welcome with a turban and tika on the forehead.
- The train reaches Jaipur in the morning. The guests go for a tour of the historical city after breakfast. City Palace, Hawa Mahal and other tourist locations are explored by the guests. Lunch is served at Amer Fort. The guests return to the train by 6:00 pm. After dinner at a Heritage Hotel, the the guests settle in for the night as the train departs for next destination.
- The train reaches Sawai Madhopur. The guest go for a tour of the Ranthambore National Park which is about 14km from Sawai Madhopur. After the tour, the guests come back to the train where lunch is served. The train moves onwards to Chittorgarh. At Chittorgarh, the guests explore the various tourist locations with the main being Chittorgarh Fort. Light and sound show is organised in the fort in the evening. The guests board the train after dinner for the onward journey to Udaipur.
- The train reaches Udaipur by 8:00 am. The guests are served a royal breakfast in the dining cars of the train. Thereafter, the guests go for a tour of the 15th century city. There are many major locations in the city such as Jag Niwas Lake Palace, City Palace, Jagdish Temple, etc. Boat ride on Lake Pichola in the evening is also a memorable experience. Lunch is served at a heritage hotel. Dinner is served on the train after which Palace on Wheels departs for next destination.
- Palace on Wheels reaches Jaisalmer in the morning. After breakfast, the guests start exploring the city. Main attractions are the historical havelis, Sam sand dunes and the local market. Dinner is accompanied by bonfire and a cultural performance on the sand dunes under the sky. Thereafter, the guests return to the train for onward journey.
- Jodhpur is the next destination which the train reaches in the morning. Popular tourist attractions include Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada and the famous markets of the city. Lunch is served at a Palace hotel. At the end of the day, dinner is served on the train as the overnight journey to the next destination starts.
- The train reaches Bharatpur by 5:00 am. The guests explore the famous bird sanctuary for about 3 hours. Thereafter, the train moves to Agra. In Agra, the guests visit Taj Mahal and other iconic places in the city. Dinner is served at a city hotel. The guests return to the train for return journey to Delhi.
- Palace on Wheels reaches Safdarjung Railway Station in Delhi. Breakfast is served prior to checking out.