Luxury Sojourn In Deccan Odyssey Train
Deccan Odyssey is a luxury train which was launched in the year 2004 as a joint venture between Indian Railways and Maharashtra Government. Deccan Odyssey has been designed to mimic the royal carriages of erstwhile Kings of India. The deccan odyssey train has 21 luxurious coaches. Of the 21 coaches, 11 coaches have the passenger cabins while the rest 10 coaches are used as dining, spa, conference and lounge coaches. Each coach has been decorated to represent a specific dynasty which ruled Maharashtra.
Five star amenities-
The guest cabins are lavishly decorated and very spacious. Each cabin has a personal safe, telephone, air conditioning, attached bathroom and personal furniture. A personal attendant is also on call for the guests. The train also has a cozy sitting lounge. Books are also available in the lounge.
Peshwa I and Peshwa II are the two multi cuisine restaurants on board Deccan Odyssey. The menu consists of a range of Indian, Continental and Oriental dishes. The royal ambiance of the restaurants and the hospitality of the uniformed stewards make for a memorable dining experience.
Conference car on the train is equipped with audio-visual equipments. It is a suitable place for corporate travelers to hold conferences.
The spa on board the train offers a plethora of massage and spa therapies based on Ayurveda. The spa is the perfect place for the guests to relax and refresh.
6 routes are offered by deccan odyssey india. They have been listed here.
- Maharashtra Splendour tour covers Mumbai – Nashik – Aurangabad (Ellora Caves) – Ajanta Caves – Kolhapur – Goa – Sindhudurg.
- Indian Odyssey tour covers Delhi- Sawai Madhopur – Ranthambore National Park- Agra- Jaipur- Udaipur- Vadodara- Aurangabad- Ellora Caves- Mumbai.
- Maharashtra Wild Trail tour covers Mumbai – Aurangabad (Ellora Caves) – Pench (Ramtek) – Tadoba – Ajanta – Nashik.
- Jewels of the Deccan tour covers Mumbai – Bijapur – Aihole – Pattadakal – Hampi – Hyderabad – Ellora Caves – Ajanta Caves
- Indian Sojourn tour covers Mumbai – Vadodara – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Agra – Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore) – Jaipur – Delhi
- Hidden Treasures of Gujarat tour covers Mumbai – Vadodara – Palitana – Sasan Gir & Somnath – Little Rann of Kutch – Modhera & Patan – Nashik
The duration of every tour is 7 nights and 8 days.
Deluxe cabin for a single occupant is Rs 4,27,000 for Indian nationals and USD $6100 for foreign nationals. For double occupancy deluxe cabins, the fare is Rs 6,12,500 for Indian nationals and USD $8750 for foreign nationals.
Presidential suite for both single and double occupancy is Rs 9,24,700 for Indian nationals and USD $13,210 for foreign nationals.